Pork and prawn go really well together. Add some crispy bacon and chilli flakes and you will have flavoursome and slightly spicy Pork and Prawn Patties. I made some yesterday and they tasted quite scrumptious.
- 200 gm belly pork (minced)
- 8 fresh prawns (coarsely chopped)
- 2 tablespoons bacon bits (fry till crisp)
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- Pinch of salt
- 1 tablespoon fried onions
- 1/2 tablespoon fried garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon chilli flakes
- Dash of white pepper
- 1/2 cup Panko breadcrumbs
- 1/2 egg (beaten)
- More Panko breadcrumbs for coating
- Oil for shallow frying
1. Mix all the ingredients in a bowl and stir well. The mixture should be sticky.
2. Use a spoon to divide the mixture into 6 portions. Wet hands and scoop up one portion and shape it into a patty. Coat the patty in Panko breadcrumbs and press down slightly to ensure an even coating. Make 6 patties.
3. Heat some oil in a pan and shallow fry the patties over moderate heat until the patties are golden brown on both sides. Check to ensure patties are fully cooked.
4. Serve the pork and prawn patties with sweet chilli sauce.