I am told breakfast is the most important meal of the day and must be eaten to provide energy for the day’s work. However, sad to say, I managed to skip breakfast for most of my working life….sigh. Now that I am retired, I have time for breakfast! and there is nothing better for breakfast than smoked salmon & scrambled eggs. It is nutritious, delicious and easy to cook.
INGREDIENTS (2 serves)
- 4 slices of smoked salmon
- 2 large croissants
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoon milk
- 10 gm butter
- dash of salt
- black pepper (freshly ground)
1. Break the eggs in a small saucepan and stir continuously over moderately low heat. Add milk, butter and salt and continue to stir until a custard like texture is achieved. Turn off the heat – the egg will continue to cook in the hot pan.
2. Cut each croissant into 4 pieces. Place the cut face down onto a hot pan and heat for a couple of minutes until golden brown.
3. Twirl half a slice of smoked salmon and place it on top of the cut croissant.
4. Put some scrambled egg on top of the smoked salmon and sprinkle with freshly ground black pepper.