I find this salad refreshing, nutty and crunchy and really quite tasty. You could substitute with any crunchy vegetable.
- ½ head of cabbage (finely shredded)
- 1 cucumber (remove the pith and sliced into thin sticks)
- 1 red pepper (seeded and sliced into thin sticks)
- 20 fresh Thai basil leaves (shredded)
- 100 gm almond flakes (lightly toasted)
- 1 packet crunchy noodles
- ¼ teaspoon chilli powder
- 1 clove garlic (minced) – I usually fry this with oil as I don’t like raw garlic
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 teaspoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon light soy sauce
- 2 tablespoon Canola oil
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- Toasted sesame seeds
- Combine vegetables in a bowl.
- Combine dressing ingredients in a small bowl and stir to mix well.
- Drizzle dressing over vegetables and toss to coat evenly.
- Let it stand for 10 minutes.
- Re-toss salad before serving and garnish with toasted sesame seeds.